Talk to an ardent hunter and you will understand how significant a perfect combination of cartridge, rifle, and scope is. Forget talking, if you have been out on a shooting retreat you would, without doubt, know how essential a perfect blend of the aforementioned components is.
A good cartridge promises an effortless shot, a good rifle a collaborative medium for action, and a good scope an accurate aim. and all these combined promises a good hunting experience!
Top 5 Best Scope for 270 Winchester
|Barska AO Varmint||6.5-20x50||Pocket Friendly||Click Here|
|Vortex Viper||6.5-20x50||Best Clarity Scope||Click Here|
|Vortex Diamondback||4-12x20||Versatile Scope||Click Here|
|Athlon Optics Argos||6-24x50||Best Scope for Low Light||Click Here|
|BSA Optics Sweet 17||3-12x40||The Ideal 270 Scope||Click Here|
While the topic of the best cartridge comes up, one cannot escape without the mention of .270 Winchester cartridges. And that’s exactly what we are going to cover in this article – Best Scope For 270. Manufactured by Winchester Repeating Arms Company in 1923 and officially unveiled in 1925, the 270 Winchester cartridge has ever since been huge in the firearms market.
Though a lot of its initial popularity was bestowed by Jack O’ Connor and Townsend Wheler through their positive reviews in the Outdoor Life, 270 Winchester soon rose to a state of approval by most shooters as one of the best cartridges in the market.
What makes 270 Winchester a go-to choice for most mid-range hunters is its remarkable potential for high energy at a considerably long distance. While its potential to hunt down targets like a deer or a coyote or other medium game targets has been proven over time, there exists a certain distance limitation.
Nevertheless, a good rifle and scope can ensure that a 500-yard functionally designed cartridge can expand to a 1000 yard efficient tool for shooting. While there are many rifles available in the market that would suit the purpose like a 6.5 Grendel, the hunt for the best scope for 270 Winchester is a more confusing task. Keeping this in mind, we extend our assistance in choosing the best scope for 270 Winchester.
1. Barska 6.5-20x 50 AO Varmint Riflescope
With a remarkable magnification range that extends up to 20x limit and a 50mm diameter objective lens, the Barska Varmint Scope assures that a good amount of light gets transmitted into the objective lens. The multi-coated lens and the easy to adjust parallax correction features reassure one’s faith in the Barska Varmint scope to capture the clearest and detailed image.
This black matte finish design of the 1-inch tube has gathered attention due to its versatility. The aspect of versatility comes in due to its good performance as both a long-range tactical shooting device as well as a varmint hunting device.
Furthermore, the easy to operate turrets and comprehensive crosshair marked on the Second Focal Plane makes it a must-own scope for amateurs as well as professionals. This versatility is heightened when the scope ensures competitive performance in long-range as well as precision shooting.
The considerably sufficient eye relief scale of 3.6 inches guarantees better safety to its users. Also, the scope is waterproof, shockproof, and fog proof thereby making it suitable for most weather conditions.
2. Vortex Viper 6.5-20×50 PA Matte Riflescope
Like most products coming out of the Vortex manufacturers, the Vortex Viper stands a good chance as one of the best scopes for clear, accurate long-range shooting. With a wide objective lens of 50mm diameter, the scope possesses good quality light transmission capability.
The XR multi-coated objective lens guarantees not just optimum light transmission but also a reduction in sunlight glares. This extra-low dispersion glass offers the finest image in terms of clarity and also adds to this with its extended feature of color retention.
With a magnification of the 6.5-20x range, the Vortex Viper is a scope suitable for long-range shooting. The Force Spring System and the Glide Erector System makes it possible to make continuous adjustments on magnification scales without you having to shift your gaze from the target at hand.
The windage and elevation levels can also be easily maintained with the pop-up dial system available. The Mil-Dot Reticles on the Second Focal Plane makes accuracy even at high magnification as an easy activity.
The 30mm tube is made out of 6061 T6 aircraft grade Aluminum and is purged with Argon gas. The material makes the scope sturdy and durable and the presence of Argon makes it less prone to corrosion. Moreover, the scope is waterproof, shockproof, and fog proof.
3. Vortex Diamondback 4-12×20 Matte Riflescope
Another product from the much-acclaimed Vortex manufacturers – the Vortex Diamondback is what you can call a versatile pack. Like most Vortex products, high-quality optics is a guaranteed feature with this scope. Yet what makes this scope versatile and also an equally best scope for 270 Win is the multiple magnification configurations.
Having a comparatively lower magnification range of 4-12x and a lower range of objective lens diameter, the scope is not the best quality in terms of higher-end options. But the clarity and reticle accuracy makes it a viable option for varmint hunting, big game, and long-range shooting, as well as for shit guns and muzzleloaders.
The fully multi-coated lens ensures better light transmission as well as glare reduction features. The extra-low dispersion glass enables proper color fidelity even in low light circumstances It has a dead hold BDC reticle which is placed in the Second Focal Plane.
The reticle readings are easier to locate and much more accurate owing to the presence of a quick focus eyepiece. Furthermore, this Vortex model is also developed with a Glide Erector System which makes it easier to use for multiple shots.
The 1-inch tube is made out of 6061 T6 aircraft-grade aluminum and purged with Argon gas. This promises better durability and good quality waterproof, shockproof, and fog proof features.
4. Athlon Optics Argos BTR 6-24x50mm Riflescope
The Athlon Optics Argos is well known for its high-quality optical system. Made of a 50mm objective lens, the scope transmits in a large amount of light which makes the image a lot more clear. It further has a fully multi-coated layer The First Focal Plane Reticle heightens the magnification ability of 24x to include better clarity and accuracy.
The reticle illumination is undoubtedly the project’s highlight. It enables a person to hunt at either dawn or dusk, i.e., when the light conditions are not as favorable as expected. Moreover, the APMR MIL reticle markings make it easier to accurately target something.
The scope is made out of 6061 T6 aircraft grade aluminum thereby making it durable and one of the best 270 scopes. It is purged with Argon gas to ensure thermal stability. Furthermore, it is waterproof, shockproof, and fog proof. With an eye relief of 3.3, the Athlon Optics Argo promises safety along with performance.
5. BSA Optics Sweet 17 Target Riflescope
The BSA Optics Sweet 17 is the ideal scope for your 270 Winchester. It is often paired up with the same due to its ease as well as perfection in connection. It has a considerably good magnification scale of 3-12x and a wide lens of 40 mm in diameter. As evident, this provides ample light transmission and ensures a clear target prediction. Added to this is the benefits of a multi-coated lens, like glare reduction and optimum clarity.
Sweet 17 is built in such a manner that it can work with the 270 effortlessly and can be easily attached and operated on the rifle. Being a user-friendly scope, it is calibrated in accordance with the 270 to cope with the elliptic bullet drop at a distance range of 100 to 300 yards. It also has a reliable eye relief feature.
With a 1-inch matte finish tube, the Sweet 17 has a smooth and simplistic finish. It has an added advantage of being waterproof, shockproof, and fog proof along with being scratch resistant.
Things to Look for While Purchasing a Scope for 270 Winchester
The 270 Winchester is essentially designed for long-range, medium game hunting. The lost distance that separates the hunter and the target and the added advantage of high energy for the cartridge are two factors that have to be kept in mind while purchasing a scope for your 270 Winchester. Some important features to check are:
- Magnification: Since the whole purpose of a 270 Winchester is to do long-range shootings, the magnification power of the scope becomes significant. The magnification depends upon the values of magnification mentioned along with the product description.
- Lens: Mere magnification power is not enough. The magnified image should be clear and accurate. For this a proper light transmission system is essential. The size of the lens determines the amount of light that will be transmitted into the tool. The more the lens diameter, the better the light transmission prowess.
- Lens Coating: The lens coating adds to the features that deal with light reception and reflection. Different types of lens coatings (fully multi-coated, multi-coated, etc.) promote different means of attaining optimum light retention. Furthermore, certain features within coatings help reduce glare on the image.
- Reticle: The reticle helps in attaining well-aimed shots. This feature designed to improve accuracy comes with features like different kinds of crosshairs as well as illuminated and non-illuminated reticles. The placing of it in the First and Second Plane further changes the scope of reticle readings during magnification.
- Material: The type of material that is used to manufacture a scope determines a lot of things. First and foremost – durability. As the 270 Winchester requires high energy, one should keep in mind the sturdiness as well as longevity of the scope as primary concerns.
- External Conditions: External light and weather conditions determine what sort of scope you require. Be it for shooting in low light surroundings or shooting uninterruptedly amidst really cold weather conditions, the need for an individual should meet the market efficiently in order to ensure proper utility. Though, for hunting during night – We always recommend opting for a night vision scope.
- User Friendly: A scope is expected to be user friendly in terms of its weight, ease in assembling, and ease in functioning. Effortless adjustments in magnifications, turrets, etc. are significant within this aspect.
- Eye Relief: Eye relief is a very important criterion for choosing a scope. Especially for a cartridge like the 270 Winchester that has considerable recoil energy. A good eye relief feature probably above 3 will ensure that the shooter does not sustain any injuries.
Over time, there have been certain accuracy faults being accused upon the 270 Winchester. It is essential that a shooter read about the same and hence prepare oneself accordingly.
The best kind of scopes are not the ones that stand out on their own but the ones that work efficiently in a group. Anyone who has had practical experience in hunting or shooting would agree that the aforementioned statement is true. A scope becomes worthy of its basic capabilities only when the needs of the individual and the features of the rifle and the cartridge are taken into consideration. Likewise, the purchase of scope for 270 Winchester is as significant for the scope as it is for the cartridge.
Though the 270 Winchester was initially designed with the warzone as its target, it soon evolved out of its primary area of concern and became a hunter’s favorite tool. The blast it created on the economic and firearms market is remarkable. This makes it a cartridge worth possessing as well as using.
While the above list is not complete on its own, it provides a comprehensive idea of what to expect and from which product. Moreover, the intersection of quality, need and economic value decides the fate of any scope. So before you purchase a scope read and research well. Brood more and more on what would suit your purpose and your rifle. Hunt down the best scope and then boom! Aim and purchase!